Thursday, May 21, 2009

This One's For You Jen!

The SweetHeart Award goes to Jen Morton of Tinkerbear Boutique!



When I think SweetHeart, Jen Morton definitely comes to mind! Wow, where do I start? Jen was the first boutique promoter that I contacted to start promoting Boutique Frenzy and was basically the one that inspired the Travelogue Blog and the SweetHeart Award! Jen carries our flyers with her wherever she goes telling everyone about us, has invited us to all of her shows from day one to promote BoutiqueFrenzy.com, and is constantly giving us new ideas and info about new shows. We feel honored to know her and to be able to work with her in this boutique industry. Jen has a big heart, loves to help others and has most definitely gotten into the Boutique Frenzy!

A little bit more about Jen...

" Tinker Bear was started a few years ago by my mother and I . The name comes from her love of bears, and my love of Tinker Bell, or anything Disney. We attempted a few boutiques, and it didn't last long. In July of 2008, I was spotted wearing a creation of my own, and had compliments on it. At that point, I thought, why not make clothing to sell? So I did. I bought a heat press and began. Children's, men's and women's clothing. From there it has gone to jewelry, hats, purses, things purchased and resold, you name it."
"What I get the most pleasure, and stress the same from, is putting on the boutiques. Last year, the market was hard to get into a show, or there were no shows to participate in, so I figured, if I can't find the work, CREATE IT! I started boutiquing, meeting other women with the same goals, same needs and ideas, and from there, started my own shows. I enjoy helping my vendors, whether it be with their blogs ( Desert Diamond Co. ), or doing ads for them, ( Usborne Books), maybe a little word of mouth, or adding links to my site.
I really believe that we can all help each other out in some way or another, and further more, WE SHOULD!"
"I have come across many people in this business, un willing to give an idea, give a lead, or even just help a little, and I really thought , better yet, I expected more from all of us! Without each other, we are nothing. So, now, I am planning more and more each day. A job that started off in my basement spending countless hours making clothes, has now become a 40 hr. work week, planning boutiques, helping other vendors, sending out leads, and just taking it all in."

"I am lucky enough to have my family support me, and friends. You frequently see my children, Braxton and Brynlee, and my wonderful husband Joe, at all of my shows. In fact, I have done one show with a sitter, and everyone went crazy asking where the kids were? Geez, do you only like me for them? I have been married to Joe for 10 yrs. this year. He owns a construction business that back in 1997, I helped him get started, and then 11 yrs. later, he was helping me do the same. My kids enjoy all of the women and the attention they get at these shows, and most of my greatest friends are those I have met through boutiquing. I couldn't be more blessed in my life, with a lot of supportive people entering my life daily."

"My goal is to get mine and other vendor's names and products out there. I feel very strongly that I have the best vendors out there, their products are great, and so are the people running the booths. These people, work very hard, and spend weekends putting up and tearing down huge displays, and a lot of them aren't doing it just for the money, but for the love of the whole world of boutiques."

"I am planning a few more shows for this year, and am hoping that attendance gets better each time. I want to help other women achieve their goals, and be able to bring in some income into their homes. I too, was a stay at home mom, and wasn't able to contribute, and so I know first hand, and feel the power, the greatness, to do even the littlest, to help in our home."
Things about Jen:
1. Is massively in love with her family
2, Is an avid animal lover( 5 cats, 2 dogs, 1 turtle, and more to come)
3. Finds great joy in supporting local causes, and charities
4. Enjoys helping other women succeed in life and meet their own goals
5. Loves the outdoors, and motorcross-supercross
6. Can play the piano- sometimes!
7. Loves heavy metal-classical and everything in between. Listen to my ring tones at a show, you will see
8. Most of the time, I would rather do it, or create it myself, and enjoy the challenge!
9. Loves everyone, whether they are straight, gay, black, white, loud, quiet, short tall, catholic, LDS, I love all people!
10. Loves her job and those she works with, and especially those she works CLOSE with!

Jen Morton
Tinker Bear Boutique
801-259-2353
www.tinkerbearboutique.blogspot.com
Jen always has great boutiques! You can find Jen's stuff next at the:
Backyard Boutique
( Mumzeys)
June 4, 5, 6
694 No. 500 E.
Lindon , Ut

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online